In January, Health Quality Ontario released two new (pilot) versions of the patient experience surveys intended for use by Family Health Teams (FHTs) in Ontario. We are pleased to share that both of those versions (“Full” and “Focused”) are now available as part of our free Patient Experience Survey program.
For FHTs in Ontario, we know that collecting patient feedback through surveys is a key component of the annual Quality Improvement Plan. We also know that collecting that feedback – which may contain patient health information – can be both time consuming and fraught with risk.
With that in mind, we launched a program to give FHTs access to Ocean Studies, our secure, PHIPA-compliant survey tool that allows them to consistently and easily collect data from patients across multiple clinic sites, while meeting the recommended guidelines by Health Quality Ontario (HQO) and AFHTO. By registering for the HQO-PES, FHTs can access the Ocean Studies platform to manage patient experience surveys online, at no cost. Data is securely collected, stored, and accessed on the PHIPA-compliant Ocean Platform.The HQO-PES package is freely available to any primary care practice, FHT, and FHO in Ontario. Since surveys are managed and accessed in the web-based Ocean portal, it can be used with any EMR.Online patient experience surveys now free for Ont FHTs (HQO Full and Focused Pilots included) Click To Tweet
The free HQO-PES package includes the following:
- A unique online link where patients can securely complete and submit an anonymous patient satisfaction or patient experience survey
- Unlimited survey responses using the dedicated link
- Option to collect survey data from multiple sites
- Access to the Ocean Portal with one-click downloading of survey results at any time
- 30 day trial subscription to the OceanWave tablet (*optional)
- 50 free OceanWave online surveys, allowing clinics to invite patients to complete the survey online from home via email (*optional)
- Fully encrypted, PHIPA-compliant data collection and storage in Canada
- Language support for all versions supplied by Health Quality Ontario