In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Ocean Library has been updated with a series of patient screening tools that can be used before or during a patient visit. We are reviewing and updating these forms on a regular basis as the situation evolves and recommended guidelines change. The following forms can be found in the core library available to all Ocean users:
Ocean Tools for COVID-19
Using Ocean to Support Your COVID-19 Efforts
Booking COVID-19 Vaccine Visits Online
Online booking provides a safe, simple way for clinics to manage vaccination bookings while making it easy to automatically restrict who can book based on criteria such as age and other risk factors. Ocean also offers a number of ways to help manage a follow up vaccination within the appropriate timeframe. To learn more, request a demo below.
Screening patients before appointments with Ocean Reminders
- Create a Messages template and attach the COVID-19 Coronavirus Email Screen form.
- Go to “Ocean Reminders” within the Admin tab and click “New Reminder Rule”.
- Set an appropriate schedule, assign the correct template, and save your settings.
Screening patients at check-in on an Ocean Kiosk or Tablet
- Go to the “Rules” tab in your kiosk settings and click “Create Rule”.
- Search for and choose the COVID-19 Coronavirus Kiosk Screen.
- In the trigger field, type “true” if you want the form to appear every time.
If some of your patients prefer checking-in with the receptionist, the screening form can be added to Patient Tablets using the same instructions to capture more patients.
Screening patients before the appointment through Online Booking
Note: It is recommended that Online Booking users contact us for assistance when updating their online booking flow.
- Login to the “Ocean Portal” > “eForms Tab” to locate the COVID-19 Online Booking – Family Medicine form. Select this eForm and click the Import button to download the form to your site.
- From your forms list, select the COVID screen and click on “Edit“.
- Edit each form and include the appointment types from your original booking form. Ensure the duration of the appointment is correctly set in the point value field.
- Navigate to “Admin” > “Online Booking“. Click “Configure for each of your links and click the folder icon for the “Booking form” to replace it with your new COVID screening form.
Screening patients before an eReferral is sent
Note: If you are a healthcare provider receiving eReferrals under the SCA program, please contact your change specialist if you need assistance making this change. If you are an assessment centre, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthcare providers using Ocean eReferrals can screen for COVID-19 within their referral form.
- Login to the “Ocean Portal” > “eForms Tab” and locate your referral form. Click on “Edit”.
- Select “Add Item” and create a Y/N question labelled “Important: COVID-19 Screening.” The question should read “If you patient is symptomatic, have you screened for COVID-19?”
- Create two labels that appear based on the selection from the previous question:
- If primary care provider selects No:
If your patient is SYMPTOMATIC please screen prior to sending. Our facilities are not equipped to provide the care they may need.“
- If the primary care provider selects Yes:
If your patient is SYMPTOMATIC and has TESTED POSITIVE for COVID-19, please DO NOT send your patient for examinations. Our facilities are not equipped to provide the care they may need.
- If primary care provider selects No:
Allow patients to self-screen
Our COVID-19 Self Symptom Checker allows patients to take the initiative and self-screen before they see their healthcare provider. When placed on your website, patients can check their symptoms and receive a summary of the results. If the patient is a potential positive screen, they will be directed to contact Canada’s help line immediately for next steps.
To add the form to your clinic website, add a hyperlink to the URL below: